|CALENDER OF ACTIVITIES PHYSICS 2015-2016|
|PLACEMENT DETAILS PHYSICS|
|Department of Physical Education|
|The activities of the department include providing training by eminent coaches in various events and participation in
competitions at University, state and national level. The college can boast of active participation of teams such as football,
cricket, volleyball, chess, boxing and athletics.
Construction of a Multi-purpose Indoor Stadium with wooden floor is under progress. An amount of Rs.5 crore has been
sanctioned by the Kerala State Government for the said project.
Construction of a Concrete Basketball Court is under progress. Financial assistance of an amount of Rs.2.5 lakhs from
UGC, Newdelhi, and Rs. 20 lakhs from MLA fund, Kodungallur.
Development of the whole student: physical, mental and intellectual.
Provide opportunities for personal and intellectual and professional growth in the areas fitness, allied health, coaching,
wellness and sports participation.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT 2010-15
• Akhil Raj O.S. – Captain of Calicut University Volleyball team which secured 3rd place in All India Inter-University
Volleyball Championship 2015-16. Runners up in the year 2013-14.
• Muhammed Shahid - Member of the Calicut University Boxing team and participation in All India Inter-University Boxing
• Akhil Raj O.S. - Captain of the Kerala State Youth Volleyball team and participation in the National Youth Volleyball
Championship – 2012.
• Volleyball team - Winner - ‘D’ zone inter-collegiate volleyball championship – 2014-15. Runner up in 2012-13 and
• Volleyball team - Runners up - Thrissur District Senior volleyball championship – 2013.
• 8 volleyball players participated in Kerala State Junior, Youth and Senior volleyball championships.
• Hosted ‘D’ zone Volleyball and Badminton championships in the year 2014-15.
• Organised All Kerala Inter-collegiate Prize Money Chess Tournament.
|• Facilities under the department include football and cricket playground, volleyball court, badminton court, Boxing ring,
kabaddi court, and concrete cricket pitch for cricket net practice.
|• A well maintained Gymnasium consisted of sophisticated equipments such as motorized treadmill, single and multi
station machines, cross trainer, elliptical cycle, vibrator etc.
|• Gymnasium have been effectively utilized by both boys, girls and teaching and non-teaching staff to maintain their
health and fitness.